Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
– LAS VEGAS – Manny Pacquiao was fighting with an injured shoulder when he lost a unanimous decision to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Pacquiao was denied a request to take an anti-inflammatory shot before the bout.
– LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Next up for trainer Bob Baffert and Kentucky Derby winner American Pharoah is the Preakness Stakes in two weeks. Baffert has won the race five times.
Article continues below ...
– ATLANTA – Playing in the second round for the first time since 2011, the top-seeded Atlanta Hawks host the Washington Wizards in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. Game starts 1 p.m.
– OAKLAND, Calif. – The top-seeded Golden State Warriors, winners of 20 straight at home, host the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals. Game starts 3:30 p.m.
– MONTREAL – The Canadiens, who have yet to beat the Lightning in six games this season, play Tampa Bay in Game 2 of this second-round series after losing the opener 2-1 in double overtime. Game starts 6 p.m.
– CHICAGO – The Minnesota Wild try to even their second-round series against Chicago in Game 2 in a matchup that has all the signs of going the distance. Game starts 8:30 p.m.
– ANAHEIM, Calif. – Ryan Getzlaf and the Ducks look to take a 2-0 lead in their second-round series against Calgary after chasing goalie Jonas Hiller and routing the Flames 6-1 in the opener. Game starts 10 p.m.
– BOSTON – The Red Sox try to avoid a three-game sweep by the New York Yankees. Alex Rodriguez goes for his 661st homer, which would send him past Willie Mays on the career list. Game starts 8 p.m.
– HOUSTON – The Astros, with the AL’s best record, go for their 10th straight victory games when they face the Seattle Mariners. Game starts 2 p.m.
– TALLADEGA, Ala. – Jeff Gordon starts from the pole at Talladega Superspeedway, where the retiring NASCAR champion will try to win for the first time this season.
– SAN FRANCISCO – Rory McIlroy advances to the semifinals of the Match Play Championship, needing two days and 22 holes to beat Paul Casey. McIlroy next plays Jim Furyk.
– IRVING, Texas – Lexi Thompson and Inbee Park, the 2013 winner, share the lead going into the final round of the LPGA’s North Texas Shootout.
– LONDON – Chelsea wins the Premier League for the first time in five years, securing the title with three games to spare with a 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace.