BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EDT.
– NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Undefeated Connecticut, the defending women’s champion, puts its 44-game winning streak on the line in the national semifinals against Stanford. Game starts about 9 p.m.
– NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Notre Dame women play Maryland, with the Irish trying to keep their perfect season going and reach the national title game for the third time in four seasons. Game starts 6:30 p.m.
– ARLINGTON, Texas – The one-and-dones from Kentucky aren’t done yet. The freshmen five face a tough defensive Connecticut team led by Shabazz Napier in Monday night’s title game.
– ARLINGTON, Texas – Kevin Ollie got through 13 NBA seasons with guile and smarts. That approach helped carry Connecticut to the NCAA championship game in just his second season.
– ARLINGTON, Texas – John Calipari didn’t care if Kentucky lost in December. The Wildcats’ coach was more interested in seeing that his young team was making progress.
– ARLINGTON, Texas – With college sports facing lawsuits and the prospect of unions, NCAA President Mark Emmert holds his annual news conference the day before Monday’s title game. News conference 1 p.m.
– HUMBLE, Texas – Matt Kuchar has a four-shot lead over Sergio Garcia and Cameron Tringale going into the last round of the Texas Open, the final tournament before the Masters.
– RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. – Michelle Wie and Lexi Thompson share the lead entering the final round of the Kraft Nabisco Championship, the year’s first major tournament.
– FORT WORTH, Texas – Tony Stewart looks for his first victory of the year when he starts from the pole at Texas Motor Speedway. This is the seventh race of the season. Race starts 3 p.m.
– DETROIT – The Tigers, baseball’s only undefeated team, go for their fifth straight victory when they start Justin Verlander against the Orioles. Baltimore has lost four of five. Game starts 1:08 p.m.
– INDIANAPOLIS – The Pacers play the Hawks, with Indiana chasing the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference and Atlanta is clinging to the last playoff spot. Game starts 6 p.m.
– Italy and France reach the Davis Cup semifinals, joining a Czech Republic team that qualified a day earlier. Switzerland and Kazakhstan are tied entering the last singles match.
– PARIS – Three-time Olympic champion Kenenisa Bekele sets a race record to win the Paris Marathon in his marathon debut.