Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
– Two men's NCAA regional finals – Oklahoma vs. Oregon at Anaheim, Calif. (6:09 p.m.) and Villanova vs. Kansas at Louisville, Ky. (8:49 p.m.)
– Advances on Sunday's two regional finals – Virginia vs. Syracuse at Chicago; Notre Dame vs. North Carolina at Philadelphia.
Article continues below ...
– Four NCAA women's regional semifinals: at Bridgeport, Conn. – UConn-Mississippi State (11:30 a.m.), UCLA-Texas (2 p.m.); at Dallas – Baylor-Florida State (4 p.m.), DePaul-Oregon State (6:30 p.m.).
– Advances on Sunday's two women's regional finals: Washington vs. Stanford at Lexington, Ky.; Syracuse vs. Tennessee at Sioux Falls, S.D.
– ELDORET, Kenya – A doping crisis is eating at Kenya's reputation as a powerhouse of distance running. But geography, logistics and other constraints make the nation one of the toughest terrains for drug testers.
– OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City Thunder, winners of six straight, play the San Antonio Spurs in a matchup of two of the Western Conference's top teams. Game starts 8 p.m.
– AUSTIN, Texas – Match Play goes to the knockout stage with quarterfinals and semifinals. Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy and Jason Day are among those in the round of 16.
– CARLSBAD, Calif. – Jenny Shin is in front entering the third round of the LPGA Tour's Kia Classic, with top-ranked Lydia Ko and Brittany Lang a stroke back.
– KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. – Eight-time champion Serena Williams faces Zarina Diyas in the third round at the Miami Open. Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray play their opening matches.
– NEW ORLEANS – Gun Runner, Forevamo, Mo Tom and Greenpointcrusader are the favorites in the $1 million Louisiana Derby, a key Triple Crown prep race at the Fair Grounds. Post time about 5:30 p.m.
– Two NCAA hockey regional finals: North Dakota vs. Michigan in Cincinnati (6 p.m.); Minnesota-Duluth vs. Boston College in Worcester, Mass. (9 p.m.).