SOCHI SCENE: Warming up
SOCHI, Russia (AP) When ski jumpers have to skip practice because of soft snow, then you see Al Roker and a (different) guy wearing shorts in the span of a walk around Olympic Park, it’s time to talk weather.
At a high of 61 degrees Fahrenheit (16 degrees Celsius), Sochi’s downright pleasant – no gloves or thermals needed.
Here’s how that daily peak compares with the last five Olympic cities around the world on Monday, according to AccuWeather:
– London: 48 degrees Fahrenheit (9 degrees Celsius)
– Vancouver: 46 degrees Fahrenheit (8 degrees Celsius)
– Beijing: 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degrees Celsius)
– Turin, Italy: 39 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius)
– Athens: 66 degrees Fahrenheit (19 degrees Celsius)
— By Oskar Garcia — Twitter http://twitter.com/oskargarcia
Associated Press reporters will be filing dispatches about happenings in and around Sochi during the 2014 Winter Games. Follow AP journalists covering the Olympics on Twitter: http://apne.ws/1c3WMiu