Food poisoning hits Australian Olympians

The Australian Olympic team says three badminton players got

food poisoning at the team’s training camp in England.

Ross Smith, Renuga Veeran and Glenn Warfe missed warm-up matches

against the British team after being forced to spend Wednesday in

bed in the central city of Derby.

Australian team manager Lasse Bundgaard says ”the doctor came

and put them on medication and confirmed the athletes had suffered

from food poisoning.”

Bundgaard says he expects the athletes will recover in time to

resume training on Thursday.

Two other team members, Leanne Choo and Victoria Na, were not

affected.