5 Olympic things to know for Friday
Here are five things to look out for at the London Olympics on
1. 4×100 RELAY: The American women look like the team to beat in
2. OSCAR PISTORIUS: South Africa’s double-amputee runner
finishes his landmark first Olympics in the men’s 4×400-meter relay
3. BEYOND BOLT: Jamaica’s men run in the 4×100 relay heat, but
Usain Bolt is unlikely to feature. How much strength in depth do
4. DOPING: Just days before the eight-year deadline expires, the
IOC formally stripped American cyclist Tyler Hamilton of his 2004
gold for doping.
5. THEY RULE THE WAVES: Australia bounced back – slightly – from
a disappointing Olympics, winning a sailing gold – its third – to
become the most successful nation on the ocean at these games.