NFL mock draft, version 8.0: Familiar name back on top
(Fox Sports Ohio’s Fred Greetham will do a mock draft every Thursday up until the draft takes place May 8. We will take a stab at prognosticating the entire first round of picks. For a bonus feature, we will also list who the Browns might take in the second round, 35th overall.)
In the home stretch with just two weeks to go from today, there still will be changes, but here’s how we see it now.
WR Sammy Watkins is back on track for the Browns pick as he is the best available playmaker. We have QB Teddy Bridgewater back on the radar again with the second first-round pick. Again, they might have to trade up to get him. We have the Browns adding a cornerback at the top of the second round.
This is our eighth installment of our 10-week Mock Draft with the final taking place on the first day of the draft.
1. TEXANS–Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2. RAMS– Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
3. JAGUARS–Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo
4. BROWNS–SAMMY WATKINS–With the Rams back taking Robinson, Watkins is back on the Browns radar. Pairing him up with Pro Bowl WR Josh Gordon and giving the Browns more offensive weapons for whomever is the QB just makes too much sense.
5. RAIDERS–Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
6.FALCONS– Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
7. BUCCANEERS– Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
8. VIKINGS– Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
9. BILLS– Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
10.LIONS–Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
11.TITANS–Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
12. GIANTS– Taylor Lewan, Ot, Michigan
13. RAMS–Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
14. BEARS–Timmy Jernigan, NT, Florida State
15. STEELERS–Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahomas St.
16. COWBOYS–Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
17. RAVENS– Zack Martin, OL, Notre Dame
18, JETS–Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
19. DOLPHINS–C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
20. CARDINALS– Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
21. PACKERS–Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio St.
22. EAGLES–Bradley Roby, CB Ohio St.
23. CHIEFS–Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St.
25. CHARGERS– Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
26. BROWNS–TEDDY BRIDGEWATER, QB, LOUISVILLE–If the Vikings take Manziel, the Browns could have their choice of Bridgewater or QB Derek Carr.
27. SAINTS– Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise St.
28. PANTHERS–Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
29. PATRIOTS–Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
30. 49ERS–Marqise Lee, WR, USC
31. BRONCOS–Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
32. SEAHAWKS– Xavier Su’a-Filo, OG, UCLA
35. BROWNS–Darqueze Dennard, CBs, Michigan St.–Browns able to address a glaring need with a starting caliber cornerback.
BROWNS Sleeper pick at 35. — CYRUS KOUANDJIO, OT, ALABAMA
Follow on Twitter FredGreethamOBR