New York Islanders Daily: This 2016-17 Team Is Just Bad
The New York Islanders were heading into this season with high expectations. But that all seems like a pipe dream after all of the Islanders struggles.
Yesterday Brian Erni of SNY wrote that maybe the New York Islanders just aren’t very good. I’m willing to take it one step further, I guess I’m not as optimistic and I will say it is confirmed that this team is bad.
Sixteen games is a big enough sample size to determine what a team will be. The Islanders are a team that can’t score, hold a lead, or play a full sixty minutes. I know this because we’ve seen it on a nightly basis.
Anyone who follows this team regularly can see it. But why can’t the Islanders see it? If they did don’t you think a change would’ve happened by now?
- 11/15 – New York Islanders Daily: This 2016-17 Team Is Just Bad
- 11/14 – Islanders Show Another Poor Effort Against The Lightning
- 11/14 – New York Islanders Key to the Game: Stay Out of The Box
- 11/14 – New York Islander Look For Redemption Against Tampa, Again
- 11/14 – New York Islanders Travis Hamonic to Play Injured
Every night it’s just going through the motions rather than trying to institute real change. I’m sorry, shuffling up the lines like a deck of cards doesn’t count as trying to institute change. It’s become an old tired practice that is not working.
It’s not just Jack Capuano‘s fault. Garth Snow didn’t do enough to improve the team. It falls on him as well. Not only that but the players aren’t playing up to par either. That one can be chalked up to coaching as well if you want but what the heck happened to Anders Lee and Ryan Strome?
Isles Tweet Of The Day
— Joe Smith (@TBTimes_JSmith) November 15, 2016
The Islanders get embarrassed by the Lightning again (Eyes On Isles)
This was our post game from yesterday which usually includes highlights. Since there were none it turned into more of a rant.
Isles need to stay out of the box (Eyes On Isles)
The Islanders didn’t listen to Mitch unfortunately. They were in the penalty box their usual amount which is way too high.
Storm clouds in Brooklyn (NBC Sports)
The New York Islanders continue to struggle through each and every one of their games. The lack of discipline did it again.
More from Eyes On Isles
- Islanders Show Another Poor Effort Against The Lightning10h ago
- New York Islanders Key to the Game: Stay Out of The Box13h ago
- New York Islander Look For Redemption Against Tampa, Again15h ago
- New York Islanders Travis Hamonic to Play Injured20h ago
- New York Islanders Daily: Dennis Seidenberg’s Broken Jaw1 d ago