New York Islanders Daily: Rivalry Night In Brooklyn
The New York Islanders face a tough test in their cross-town rival New York Rangers. This should be a good test for the Isles.
The New York Islanders, who are in the basement of the Metropolitan Division, have surprisingly had a four game point streak. So the Islanders have a tough task as the other New York team comes to the Barclays Center.
This is their first meeting since the first game of the year, a game in which the Rangers won 5-3.
“The Rangers are one of the elite teams in the league,” defenseman Johnny Boychuk said. “It’s a good gauge to go up against, see what we can do against them.”
- 12/6 – New York Islanders Daily: Rivalry Night In Brooklyn
- 12/5 – New York Islanders Nikolai Kulemin on the Trading Block
- 12/5 – New York Islanders Post Game Press Conference Nonsense
- 12/5 – New York Islanders Daily: Death By Too Many Turnovers
- 12/4 – Islanders Tie The Game Late But Lose In OT (Highlights)
Although the Islanders have been playing a little better, I’m not sure they are ready to hang with the Rangers just yet. The Rangers have a very explosive offense, although cooling off a little bit of late.
Part of the problem with the Islanders is turnovers. The Isles can’t afford to turn the puck over against this team as they will make you pay. The Islanders also have to stay out of the penalty box, although the PK has been better they’re just playing with fire.
Ultimately if the Islanders are to win this game tonight they’re going to have to score a lot of goals, they’ll have to stay out of the box, and they can’t afford to turn it over like they did against Detroit.
Isles Tweet Of The Day
— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) December 5, 2016
Nikolai Kulemin on the trading block? (Eyes On Isles)
If the rumors are true, it’s pretty comical that the Islanders think Kulemin is a movable contract. There’s no way the Islanders can move him and get anything worth while in return.
Capuano’s post game made absolutely no sense (Eyes On Isles)
The things that come out of Jack Capuano’s mouth can be pretty comical at times. Not because Capuano’s a good comedian, it’s more of the lunacy of the comments.
Islanders could be the matchup the Rangers need (NY Post)
The Rangers going into this rivalry game is a good matchup for them. Which is a pretty nice compliment to the Islanders who are still under .500
More from Eyes On Isles
- New York Islanders Nikolai Kulemin on the Trading Block13h ago
- New York Islanders Post Game Press Conference Nonsense20h ago
- New York Islanders Daily: Death By Too Many Turnovers1 d ago
- Islanders Tie The Game Late But Lose In OT (Highlights)1 d ago
- New York Islanders Roundtable: Back to the Future1 d ago