New York Islanders Daily: Jaroslav Halak’s Inconsistency
The New York Islanders have dealt with many inconsistencies during their slow start. The forwards are clearly the bigger issue but Jaroslav Halak isn’t blame free either.
There’s no way that anyone anticipated the New York Islanders to get off to this bad of a start. There are many factors that play a role in the Islanders struggles. Although the forwards are deserving of the blame, Jaroslav Halak isn’t blame free.
Halak has started seven games in a row. He’s been decent throughout these games but inconsistency hasn’t helped his cause.
The perfect example is the soft goal he allowed against the Florida Panthers that tied the game. The Islanders went on to lose that game in OT. Sure, the offense wasn’t great but when your offense is struggling you need your goalie to bail you out. Which is something Halak can’t do.
- 11/21 – New York Islanders Call-Up Dream Just a Dream
- 11/21 – New York Islanders: Down on the Farm
- 11/21 – New York Islanders Daily: Forwards Not Producing Enough Shots
- 11/20 – New York Islanders Prospect Ilya Sorokin Continues To Dominate KHL
- 11/20 – New York Islanders Daily: Finding A Place For Andrew Ladd
It’s expected that Halak’s streak will come to an end as the Islanders play back to back’s tonight and tomorrow. Hell, we might even see J.F. Berube get some action on this west coast trip.
Neither Halak or Thomas Greiss have played particularly well. Of the 45 goaltenders with at least six appearances this season, Greiss ranks 21st in even-strength save percentage at .921. Halak is tied for 34th at .908 (Per Arthur Staple).
It’s mediocrity at it’s best. They aren’t the sole problem, but they are by no means the solution to the Islanders issues.
Isles Tweet Of The Day
— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) November 21, 2016
The Isles don’t have room to call players up (Eyes On Isles)
Even though Josh Ho-Sang and Michael Dal Colle continue to tear it up for the Sound Tigers the Islanders don’t exactly have room to fit them in the lineup.
Farm report (Eyes On Isles)
A run through of some prospects and how they are fairing so far in their progression.
Berube in the All-Star Game? (LHH)
I’m always down for some good old fashioned trolling. Voting J.F. Berube into the All-Star game would be nothing short of Islander fans trolling.
More from Eyes On Isles
- New York Islanders Call-Up Dream Just a Dream3h ago
- New York Islanders: Down on the Farm14h ago
- New York Islanders Daily: Forwards Not Producing Enough Shots15h ago
- New York Islanders Prospect Ilya Sorokin Continues To Dominate KHL1 d ago
- New York Islanders Daily: Finding A Place For Andrew Ladd1 d ago