Chicago Blackhawks Need To Feast On Florida Panthers
With the Florida Panthers in a state of flux, the Chicago Blackhawks need a dominant performance
WARNING: This is NOT a game preview.
This is a call to the Chicago Blackhawks organization.
Yes, I know it is November turning into December and you can’t win the Stanley Cup before the Winter Classic is played, but points are points.
Math is one of the few things in this world that rarely ever changes. Two points in November count just as much as two points in April and you, the Blackhawks, have two points dangling from the low branches of the points tree, ready for the picking.
- 11/28 – Chicago Blackhawks Fans Earn Spot On FanSided’s Fandom 250 List
- 11/28 – Chicago Blackhawks Roundtable: Circus Trip Goodbyes And Newcomers
- 11/28 – Chicago Blackhawks Numbers: Post Circus Trip
- 11/28 – Chicago Blackhawks’ Circus Trip Remembered, For Better And Worse
- 11/28 – Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Coming Home Is The Hardest Part
You just came home from the formerly annual — now last — Circus Trip. In seven games on the road, you finished 3-3-1 and looked absolutely gassed against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday night.
You’re home now, hopefully done with your leftover Thanksgiving food, and ready to feast again. You know why? Because the Florida Panthers are in town and ohhhhhh boy are they going through a few things right now.
Quick review of the last few days in Panthers-land: A blown two-goal lead against the Carolina Hurricanes, head coach Gerard Gallant fired and left him to get his own taxi out of town, and general manager Tom Rowe appointed as interim head coach.
Also, after finishing first in the Atlantic Division last season, the Panthers are 11-10-1 and sitting fifth in the Atlantic, outside of a playoff spot.
The recipe for a big game is there for you to take advantage of.
Even without the circumstances as they are for the Panthers coming into tonight’s game, you’re better than them. You should beat them. No, you should feast on them.
A call out to individual Blackhawks
More from Blackhawk Up
- Chicago Blackhawks Fans Earn Spot On FanSided’s Fandom 250 List11h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Roundtable: Circus Trip Goodbyes And Newcomers13h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Numbers: Post Circus Trip15h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Circus Trip Remembered, For Better And Worse17h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Coming Home Is The Hardest Part20h ago
Even without Jonathan Toews, you are better than the Panthers and you should win this game. Faceoff percentage be damned, tonight’s game is two points wrapped up for you as an early Christmas gift.
Hey, Richard Panik, where’d you go, bud? Want to score one point in the whole month of November? I bet you don’t. Get on the scoresheet against Florida.
All of the good things that can come from getting re-energized at home and bursting through the dog days of winter in the NHL season are ahead of you. Avoid the lull and roll over the Panthers.
You know what you don’t want to be known as? The team that helped the Panthers spark their season after a mid-year coaching change. Look at the Pittsburgh Penguins last season. How did that work out for them? Pretty nice, eh?
The Panthers are not the Penguins. You are the Blackhawks. Make a statement. Bury them.