Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Let The Trip Begin
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are off on their last annual circus trip, and the fun begins tonight when they travel to Winnipeg to face the Jets.
The Chicago Blackhawks are the top dogs in the Western Conference with a 11-3-2 record which is surprising to many including myself when they looked pretty lost after 7 games with a 3-3-1 record.
The turn around started happening when they got their penalty kill under control, all season long Corey Crawford has been fantastic when the Hawks are at even strength with a save percentage around .975, but it was the early season struggles when down a man that caused the early concerns. The addition of Dennis Rasmussen to the penalty kill seemed to settle things down and give the unit some cohesiveness.
The other factor that helped the Hawks lately has been the large number of home games which had to settle down the Blackhawks youngsters. The Hawks at the United Center this season are now 8-1-2. The home cooking as we know ends tonight when the Hawks take to the road for the next two weeks.
It will be interesting to see how the young Hawks respond to the long road trip that has seen the Hawks win a lot of games the past few years. The Hawks are 14-3-2 the last 3 seasons on the circus trip which has felt like a springboard to their season no matter what the first month of the season had developed for them.
The Chicago Blackhawks are red hot so will they be able to carry it on the road or will this be a strange season when everything we have known about the Blackhawks is basically in reverse?
- 11/15 – Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Let The Trip Begin
- 11/14 – Chicago Blackhawks Roundtable: Fearful Injuries And Alumni Suggestions
- 11/14 – Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Hitting The Road In Style
- 11/13 – Chicago Blackhawks-Montreal Canadiens TV Listings, Predictions And More
- 11/13 – Chicago Blackhawks Must Be Wary Of Andrew Shaw, Phillip Danault
The fun starts tonight, and here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your Tuesday morning!
Say goodbye to the circus trip with this being the last year of the agreement between the circus and the United Center (Tribune)
Here is a look around the Chicago Blackhawks prospects and the ones that had a great week (Blackhawks)
Some things to watch out for as the Hawks visit Winnipeg tonight (CSN)
IIHF President says its 50-50 chance the NHL plays in the Olympics (Pro Hockey Talk)
Want your voice heard? Join the Blackhawk Up team!
Here is a look at some early season jersey fouls (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Chicago Blackhawks Roundtable: Fearful Injuries And Alumni Suggestions16h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Hitting The Road In Style1 d ago
- Chicago Blackhawks-Montreal Canadiens TV Listings, Predictions And More1 d ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Must Be Wary Of Andrew Shaw, Phillip Danault1 d ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Price Wars1 d ago