Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- First Place
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks after a very suspect start are now in a tie for first place after 10 games which is alright by me and I’m sure almost every Hawks fan.
The Chicago Blackhawks have fought through some early season struggles, and now they check the standings and find themselves in a tie with the Minnesota Wild which after watching the first few games seemed pretty improbable.
The biggest thing for the Chicago Blackhawks to solve was the penalty kill. Sure some of it was new parts, and some just some lucky deflections and absurd amount of 5 on 3 powerplays early on in the season, but the Hawks P.K. has looked better the last few games. The Hawks have played teams with some poor powerplays so we will see this weekend with the Avs and Stars coming into town if they can continue the momentum on the penalty kill.
The other thing that has worked for the Hawks is that Joel Quenneville’s line juggling has worked out with Artem Anisimov leading the way for the Hawks with a 7 game point streak, and Patrick Kane looking to have found his scoring touch.
The other player that has turned it on has been none other than Corey Crawford. He’s been rock solid in net when the Hawks need it the most to jump start their season. Crawford already has a shut out, and is looking like the rock that the Hawks need while the youngsters figure things out.
The Chicago Blackhawks have some Central Division foes coming up so things will get real interesting real quick.
- 11/2 – Chicago Blackhawks’ Who’s Hot, Who’s Not: Anisimov Steamrolling Foes
- 11/2 – Chicago Blackhawks, Martin Frk Could Have Made Good Match
- 11/2 – Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 7s, Ranked, Under Coach Joel Quenneville
- 11/2 – Chicago Blackhawks’ Mark McNeill Needs To Be Promoted Or Released
- 11/2 – Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- 3 In A Row
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to kick off your Thursday morning.
The Chicago Blackhawks take on the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night (Blackhawks)
Can Richard Panik or Artem Anisimov keep up their scoring or is this all a mirage (Second City)
The Chicago Blackhawks are starting to get healthy with Andrew DesJardins expected to return to the lineup soon (Committed Indians)
So what is going on with the Rockford Icehogs this past week (The Committed Indian)
Here’s a quick look at the best goals around the NHL in the first month of the season (Bleacher Report)
The NHL is reportedly going to investigate the terrible ice conditions at Barclays (Pro Hockey Talk)
The Colorado Avalanche are looking to find some consistency (Mile High Sticking)
Matt Cullen gets a shaving creme birthday surprise (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Who’s Hot, Who’s Not: Anisimov Steamrolling Foes7h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks, Martin Frk Could Have Made Good Match9h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 7s, Ranked, Under Coach Joel Quenneville10h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Mark McNeill Needs To Be Promoted Or Released13h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- 3 In A Row17h ago