Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- A Tough Start
Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! After waiting 6 months to see the Chicago Blackhawks back in action, Game #1 ended how the last game ended in St. Louis with the Blues leaving the ice having defeated the Blackhawks.
The St. Louis Blues dominated this game let’s be honest, and the final score was a deserving end to a game that saw the Blues play the game the way the Chicago Blackhawks used to dominating puck possession and scoring timely goals.
That being said the refs really handed the Blues the win in the last minutes of the second period and early in the third when they gave the Blues two extended 5 on 3 powerplays that the Blues cashed in on to go from a 2-1 deficit to a 3-2 lead early in the third period.
The penalty that really was upsetting was the initial penalty on Jonathan Toews that was not a slash or trip but a dive, but in the era of having to make sure the penalties are even for both teams was called. The other penalties during the powerplay would never have been called either 5,10,15,20 years ago because the team was already on the powerplay. I’m not saying they weren’t penalties, but they weren’t ones that are normally called and they swung the balance of the game.
The Chicago Blackhawks didn’t look very balanced because the Blues were stacking their best defensive line and pairings out against Patrick Kane and Artemi Panarin who still created havock, but in the end the Hawks will need 12 players creating plays if they are going to have a balanced scoresheet.
I liked what Tyler Motte was doing out there, hopefully the rest of the youngsters will follow suit sooner than later.
- 10/13 – Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- A Tough Start
- 10/12 – NHL Western Conference: 2016-17 Regular Season Preview, Predictions
- 10/12 – Chicago Blackhawks Live Streaming, Predictions, And More
- 10/12 – Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Finally Opening Night
- 10/11 – Chicago Blackhawks’ Opening Night Lineup Breakdown
Here are some Chicago Blackhawks morning links to start your day
A preview of what to expect from the St. Louis Blues this season (Committed Indians)
The prevailing thought was the Hawks took their foot off the gas pedal on Wednesday night (CSN)
See and Hear what the Chairman of the Chicago Blackhawks Rocky Wirtz had to say about the upcoming season (WGN)
It was a historic night for Auston Matthews and his 4 goal opening night act (Bleacher Report)
Want your voice heard? Join the Blackhawk Up team!
Jonathan Quick leaves game with an injury (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- NHL Western Conference: 2016-17 Regular Season Preview, Predictions14h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Live Streaming, Predictions, And More16h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Finally Opening Night1 d ago
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Opening Night Lineup Breakdown1 d ago
- Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17 Over/Under: The Prospects1 d ago