Chicago Blackhawks-Montreal Canadiens TV Listings, Predictions And More
Tonight, two of the NHL’s top teams face off when the Chicago Blackhawks host the Montreal Canadiens at the United Center.
Led by goalie Carey Price, the Canadiens have been red-hot all year and look to extend a four-game win streak. Meanwhile, the Chicago Blackhawks have found their stride after a slow start, winning 8 of their last 10 games.
Tonight isn’t just a game between two of the NHL’s best teams. It’s not just a game between two Original Six NHL franchises. Tonight has several storylines that will make a heck of a tilt tonight at the Madhouse on Madison.
We have Stan Bowman vs his old GM Assistant Marc Bergevin, and the return of Andrew Shaw and Phillip Danault. But let’s start with some information you’ll need to know why this is such a great matchup.
Canadiens Team Stats
Overall Record: 13-1-1, 27pts
Blackhawk Up 6w
Chicago Blackhawks' Hockey Is Back, In Multiple Forms
More headlines around FanSided:
7w – Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links: Go Team North America7w – Chicago Blackhawks Ex-Forward Brandon Saad Has “No Regrets”7w – World Cup Of Hockey Early Reactions: Team USA In Trouble7w – Chicago Blackhawks' Early World Cup Experiences Mixed8w – World Cup Of Hockey Predictions: Winners, Crawford And More
Home Record: 10-0-0
Away Record: 3-1-1
Leading Scorer: Alex Galchenyuk – 6G 10A 16pts
- Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher are two forwards who are as scrappy as they come. Blackhawks defensemen will need to keep them out of the crease and watch for dirty goals.
- Four-time All Star defenseman Shea Weber has been on a tear, scoring six goals and adding six assists in15 games. The ’Hawks will need to be aware of Weber’s point shots as they can be deadly.
- Alexander Radulov is back in the NHL after his time away in the KHL. He is a playmaking veteran who has great vision on the power play.
Andrew Shaw returns
Andrew Shaw, or “The Mutt,” was traded last year to Montreal because the ’Hawks simply could not afford his salary. Shaw was and still is a fan favorite for his physicality and ability to get under the opponents’ skin.
These types of services are few and far between in the NHL and noticeably missed on the Blackhawks. Expect a heartfelt video montage tonight, if you’re going to the game, filled with Shaw highlights and “I love shin pads” quotes.
Another name that will be familiar to ‘Hawks fans in Phillip Danault. Selected in the 2011 draft’s first round by the Blackhawks, Danault was traded to Montreal at last season’s deadline for Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann in efforts to load up on depth for the 2016 playoffs.
Danault was given a few opportunities here in Chicago but will have a chip on his shoulder tonight playing against the team that traded him a year ago.
Game Time: 6 p.m.
TV Listings: WGN – Chicago
Radio Listings: WGN Radio
Radio Live Stream: WGN Radio App
Starting Goalies: Corey Crawford (7-3, 2.01 GAA ) vs. Al Montoya (3-1, 3.15 GAA )
Final Score Prediction: The last game Al Montoya played, he let in 10 goals against the Columbus Blue Jackets on the road. The Blackhawks will also get Artem Anisimov back in the lineup tonight. Look for a physical, low-scoring game that will head to a shootout to decide the winner. 2-1 ’Hawks.
Three Stars Prediction
#3 Star – Max Pacioretty – 1 goal
#2 Star – Patrick Kane – shootout-winning goal
#1 Star- Corey Crawford – 38 saves
More from Blackhawk Up
- Chicago Blackhawks Must Be Wary Of Andrew Shaw, Phillip Danault2h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Price Wars8h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Games To Be Streamed By Comcast Sports23h ago
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Winter Classic Alumni Game Roster Is … Interesting1 d ago
- Chicago Blackhawks Morning Links- Late Second Point1 d ago