Carolina Hurricanes Re-Sign AHL Defenseman Jake Chelios
The Carolina Hurricanes Have Re-Signed AHL Depth Defenseman Jake Chelios to a New One-Year Two-Way Deal Worth $650,000.
The Carolina Hurricanes have re-signed defenseman Jake Chelios to a new one-year two-way contract worth $650,000 in the NHL and $85,000 in the AHL.
More from Puck Prose
- Dallas Stars and Esa Lindell Agree to New Contract Terms6m ago
- Vegas Golden Knights Trade Marc Methot to the Dallas Stars7h ago
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Korbinian Holzer to New Contract Extension8h ago
- Calgary Flames Acquire Hamonic for Boatload of Picks19h ago
- Edmonton Oilers Re-Sign Zack Kassian For Three Years20h ago
The 26-year-old led the Charlotte Checkers last season in defensive scoring with 32 points which were also a career high for him beating 2015-16’s total by one point. However, 2015-16’s seven goals still remain as a career high.
With the youth of the Hurricanes defensive core it won’t be surprising if Chelios sees some ice time next season, but on the other side of that, the acquisition of Trevor van Riemsdyk will make things harder for the organization’s young defenseman.
Chelios has played a total of 194 career AHL games tallying 12 goals, and 67 assists for 79 points with 134 penalty minutes and a career minus 13 rating.
And in five career AHL playoff games, Chelios has put up just a single assist in five games with six penalty minutes and a plus-four rating.