Canucks F Loui Eriksson Dominates, Can’t Score vs. Sharks
Loui Eriksson could not score Thursday night against the Sharks, but still had one of his best games with the Vancouver Canucks.
Since joining the Canucks, Loui Eriksson has often been criticized.
He started his first game in Vancouver by scoring on his own goal. After that he failed to score — on either net — until game no. 14.
Want your voice heard? Join the The Canuck Way team!
He didn’t score any goals tonight, but he was Vancouver’s best player. And so, Eriksson is the Canucks Player of the Game:
LW, Vancouver Canucks
In the absence of Jannik Hansen, coach Willie Desjardins has reunited the three Swedes on the top line.
Tonight, they were dominant, particularly in the third period. They combined for 8 shots, and forced Sharks goaltender Martin Jones to be sharp all night long:
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) February 3, 2017
Unfortunately for the trio, Jones was equal to the task. The Sharks scored early, and their goalie turned aside 26 of 27 shots in the final two periods.
However, it was still one of Eriksson’s best performances in a Canucks uniform. They will need him to continue playing at that level during a tough February schedule.
More from The Canuck Way
- Vancouver Canucks Schedule Makes Playoffs a Long Shot10h ago
- Canucks News: Gillis’ Draft Record, Canucks Will Make Playoffs12h ago
- Canucks Game Day: Horvat Faces All-Star Friends vs. Sharks15h ago
- Canucks Injury Update: Larsen Back, Hansen, Hutton Close1 d ago
- Vancouver Canucks: 4 Predictions for Rest of 2016-171 d ago