Updated NFL Draft 2017 order: Week 13
With Week 12 of the 2016 NFL season in the books, here is what the draft order would be in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft if the season ended today.
Week 13 of the 2016 NFL season begins on Thursday Night Football when the Minnesota Vikings (6-5) play the Dallas Cowboys (10-1). Some teams are gearing up for an NFL Playoff push while others are looking toward the 2017 NFL Draft.
If the season ended after Week 12, here is what the first round draft order would look like. The Cleveland Plain Dealer has this draft order on point. Of course it would, as the Cleveland Browns are poised to pick No. 1 overall at 0-12. Kevin Costner, eat your heart out!
Next to each team is their win-loss record, their combined win-loss percentage of opponents played, and a few notes if this pick comes from another team. Here is the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft heading into December 2016.
- Cleveland Browns: 0-12 (.571)
- San Francisco 49ers: 1-10 (.558)
- Jacksonville Jaguars: 2-9 (.533)
- Chicago Bears: 2-9 (.541)
- New York Jets: 3-8 (.504)
- Cincinnati Bengals: 3-7-1 (.561)
- Tennessee Titans via a trade with the Los Angeles Rams: 4-7 (.488)
- Carolina Panthers: 4-7 (.517)
- Arizona Cardinals: 4-6-1 (.450)
- Indianapolis Colts: 5-6 (.488)
- Green Bay Packers: 5-6 (.529)
- New Orleans Saints: 5-6 (.533)*
- Cleveland Browns via a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles: 5-6 (.533)*
- San Diego Chargers: 5-6 (.566)
- Tennessee Titans: 6-6 (.444)
- Baltimore Ravens: 6-5 (.439)
- Buffalo Bills: 6-5 (.467)
- Philadelphia Eagles via a trade with the Minnesota Vikings: 6-5 (.500)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 6-5 (.504)
- Pittsburgh Steelers: 6-5 (.516)
- Houston Texans: 6-5 (.541)
- Washington Redskins: 6-4-1 (.545)
- Miami Dolphins: 7-4 (.415)
- Detroit Lions: 7-4 (.439)
- Denver Broncos: 7-4 (.525)
- Atlanta Falcons: 7-4 (.529)
- Seattle Seahawks: 7-3-1 (.475)
- New York Giants: 8-3 (.434)
- Kansas City Chiefs: 8-3 (.479)
- New England Patriots: 9-2 (.414)
- Oakland Raiders: 9-2 (.508)
- Dallas Cowboys: 10-1 (.406)
Through Week 12, the No. 12 and No. 13 picks between the Saints and the Browns via the Eagles are tied, as both the Saints and the Eagles have identical 5-6 records and strength of schedule played. Cleveland owns the pick from the Eagles moving up to No. 2 to draft Carson Wentz in the 2016 NFL Draft.
The two other 2016 trades that impact the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft are the Titans and the Rams and the Eagles and the Vikings.
Tennessee has Los Angeles’ 2017 first round pick from the Rams trading up to No. 1 to draft Jared Goff in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Philadelphia has Minnesota’s 2017 first round pick from the Vikings trading for quarterback Sam Bradford to replace the injured Teddy Bridgewater eight days before the start of the 2016 NFL season.
Let’s also note that the Browns have played the hardest strength of schedule so far at .571, while the Cowboys have played the softest strength of schedule at .406. Interestingly, the Browns would be picking No. 1 and the Cowboys at No. 32.