The Green Bay Packers crushing the Seattle Seahawks and the New York Giants sweeping the Dallas Cowboys highlight a wild and snowy NFL Week 14.
Sunday’s slate in NFL Week 14 was jam-packed with action that had playoff implications. The New York Jets and San Francisco 49ers also played one another. Aside from the unofficial Draft Position Bowl, though, it was a wild week in the league.
After Monday night’s clash between the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens, only three weeks separate us from the postseason. If you thought things were heating up in Week 14, you haven’t seen anything yet.
The Dime Package returns in NFL Week 14, offering 10 thoughts on Sunday’s game:
1. If you wrote the Pittsburgh Steelers off three weeks ago, you made a big mistake. Big Ben and company are back and with the offense clicking on all cylinders, they’ll be a tough out in the playoffs.
2. I think it’s safe to say that the Cleveland Browns will not win a game this season. In fact, it would be an upset if they did.
3. You have to feel bad for Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill. He is in the midst of the best season of his career and he tears his ACL. Terrible! The fish are fried without Tannehill.
4. The Denver Broncos are in trouble. They are still playing at a high level defensively, but offensively they are a mess right now. Gary Kubiak and his staff need to figure things out on offense or the Broncos could be on the outside looking in regarding the playoffs.
5. The Houston Texans are going to win the worst division in the NFL. That honor should come with a participation trophy and nothing else.
6. Big road win for the Washington Redskins over the Philadelphia Eagles, but it might be too late for Washington. The teams in front of them really have to falter for them to get in as a Wild Card.
7. Remember when we thought the Seattle Seahawks were good? Yeah, they are not as good as we thought. The Green Bay Packers absolutely destroyed them. It was never a game. Luckily for Seattle, they play a soft divisional schedule the rest of the way, so they should still finish as the second seed second in the NFC.
8. Speaking of the Packers. We all wrote them off at 4-6, but we should have known better. Aaron Rodgers and company know how to win. Don’t write them off yet. They are alive and well.
9. The Los Angeles Rams have been humiliated the last two weeks. Coincidentally, it was two weeks ago that Jeff Fisher got a two-year extension. You think Rams owner Stan Kroenke is regretting that decision?
10. Defense wins championships and the New York Giants are playing championship caliber defense this season. They completely shut down the Cowboys passing game last night in their 10-7 win. By the way, Cowboys fans should not panic. I know Dak Prescott struggled, but Dallas still rushed for over 100 yards and the defense played great.