Saints at Panthers: Highlights, score and recap
The Carolina Panthers will host the rival New Orleans Saints on Thursday Night Football in Week 11. Here are the highlights, the recap, and the final score.
The Carolina Panthers will host their NFC South rival in the New Orleans Saints on Thursday Night Football in Week 11. Kickoff from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte on November 17th will be at 8:25 p.m. ET. NBC, the NFL Network, and Twitter will carry the game.
New Orleans enters Thursday Night Football at 4-5 on the season. The Saints were stunned at home by the Denver Broncos, 25-23 in Week 10. To lose on a blocked PAT has to be one of the most crushing losses in the NFL this season. However, the Saints have an elite offense and are very much alive in the NFC Playoffs race.
Carolina has struggled to a 3-6 record this season. The Panthers let one slip away last week by falling at home to the Kansas City Chiefs, 20-17. Carolina has to win this game to keep its slim NFC Playoff chances alive for another week. A 3-7 record probably knocks the Panthers out of the NFC South race and narrows the margin for error in the NFC Wild Card race.
- Drew Brees: Brees should be able to stretch the field with his right arm against the sub-par Panthers secondary on Thursday night. Look for Brees to complete 63% of his passes for 330 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception.
- Luke Kuechly: Kuechly needs to play at an All-Pro level to give the Panthers a chance against this strong Saints offense. Look for Kuechly to have 10 tackles, 1.5 for a loss of yardage, a pass breakup, and one turnover.
- Cam Newton: Newton needs to play sharper for Carolina to win at home on Thursday night. Look for him to complete 60% of his passes for 275 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception. He’ll also rush for 35 yards.
*POSTED LIVE AS THEY HAPPEN*
The Saints will host the Los Angeles Rams in Week 12. Kickoff from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome will be at 1:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, Nov. 27. FOX will have the telecast.
The Panthers will be on the road in Week 12. Carolina will play the Oakland Raiders on Sunday, Nov. 27. Kickoff from O.co Coliseum will be at 4:25 p.m. ET. CBS will have the telecast.
More from FanSided
- Steven Stamkos injury update: How long is Lightning star out?3m ago
- Taylor Hall injury update: Devils star out 3-4 weeks8m ago
- Tobais Harris feeds 40,000 hungry people17m ago
- The CW shuffles its schedule for midseason premieres25m ago
- Three candidates to replace Jurgen Klinsmann as USMNT manager32m ago