NFL rumors: Week 14 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With their 41–10 win over the New York Jets on Monday night, the Indianapolis Colts have moved into a three-way tie with the Houston Texans and Tennessee Titans for first place in the AFC South. The game capped another crazy weekend of NFL games, headlined by a few notable injuries.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas is officially out for the remainder of the season with a fractured tibia, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
• Thomas told ESPN's Ed Werder that he is still contemplating retirement after tweeting about the idea from the locker room immediately after suffering the injury.
• San Francisco 49ers head coach Chip Kelly will be the team's head coach “no matter what” in 2017, reports Jay Glazer of FOX Sports. The 49ers are 1–11 in Kelly's first season with the franchise.
• Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has returned to the team and will coach in Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the team announced. Zimmer missed Minnesota's loss to the Dallas Cowboys after having emergency eye surgery.
• The Denver Broncos announced they have claimed running back Justin Forsett off waivers.
• Buffalo Bills wide receiver Percy Harvin has been placed on the reserve/non-football illness list, ending his 2016 season, the team announced. Harvin played in just two games after coming out of retirement this year.
• The Seahawks have signed free-agent fullback Marcel Reece, reports Schefter.