NFL rumors: Week 11 news on injuries, suspensions, more
After several weeks with limited injuries, Sunday was filled with them. Multiple notable players went down, including several that could be season-ending. In non-injury news, NFL kickers set a record. 12 extra points were missed, breaking the previous record of 10.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• A rough season for the Cincinnati Bengals took another bad turn Sunday. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports wide receiver A.J. Green has a tear in his hamstring and the Bengals fear it will end his season.
• The Bengals also lost running back Gio Bernard for the season. USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports he suffered a torn ACL.
• Former New Orleans Saints linebacker James Laurinaitis is working out for the Detroit Lions Monday, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. Laurinaitis was waived from IR by the Saints last week.
• The Seattle Seahawks expect to be without running back C.J. Prosise for “a while,” head coach Pete Carroll told reporters. Carroll said it was a scapula issue, and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Prosise will be out upwards of eight weeks.
• The San Francisco 49ers have likely lost another key defender. Rapoport reports safety Eric Reid tore his triceps.
• Outside linebacker Leonard Floyd suffered a scary injury Sunday, as he had to be immobilized and carted off the field with a neck injury. However, the Chicago Tribune reports Floyd was released from the hospital and traveled home with the team.
• Tight end Zach Miller of the Bears is out for the season. Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports Miller broke his foot.
• Cleveland Browns quarterback Cody Kessler suffered a concussion Sunday, his second of the season. Head coach Hue Jackson told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer the Browns might shut Kessler down for the season.