Panthers vs Falcons Week 4: Highlights, score and recap
The Atlanta Falcons host their NFC South division rival in the Carolina Panthers here in Week 4. Here are the highlights, a game recap, and the final score.
The Atlanta Falcons will host an NFC South rival in the Carolina Panthers in Week 4. Kickoff from the Georgia Dome will be at 1:00 PM ET. FOX will have the telecast.
Atlanta enters play at 2-1. Both of the Falcons’ wins this season have been on the road: at the Oakland Raiders and at the New Orleans Saints. The Falcons have arguably the best offensive attack in football. Quarterback Matt Ryan is playing fantastically this season under center for the Falcons. However, the Atlanta defense might be historically bad.
Carolina has stumbled to 1-2 on the season. The Panthers have lost to two outstanding teams in the Denver Broncos Week 1 and the Minnesota Vikings Week 3. However, the Panthers haven’t been able to run the football with running back Jonathan Stewart out with a hamstring injury.
According to OddsShark.com, the Falcons are three-point underdogs at home. Las Vegas thinks this game will be close, but Atlanta’s pitiful defense will be what likely does the Falcons in.
A win for Atlanta would put the Falcons comfortably in first place at 3-1. Should Carolina win, they would have the head-to-head tie breaker over Atlanta and would be in first place in the NFC South. This should be one of the better games on the slate this weekend in Week 4.
- Julio Jones: Jones wasn’t much of a factor in Week 3 against the New Orleans. He should do significantly better than one catch for 16 yards against a suspect Panthers secondary. Jones will have eight catches for 120 yards and a touchdown.
- Cam Newton: While Newton historically hasn’t played his best ball in the Georgia Dome, Atlanta has no pass rush whatsoever. Newton will rebound after a dismal Week 3 performance against the Vikings. He’ll complete 65% of his passes for 300 yards, two passing touchdowns, and one interception. On the ground, expect a Newton red zone touchdown.
- Matt Ryan: Ryan is the NFC Offensive Player of the Month for September. He is playing out his mind in offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan’s West Coast attack. Ryan will complete 70% of his passes for 250 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception.
*POSTED LIVE AS THEY HAPPEN*
The Panthers will have an extra day to prepare for their Week 5 game against the NFC South rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Carolina will host the Buccaneers for an 8:30 PM ET kickoff on Monday NIght Football on October 10th.
The Falcons have to travel west for a brutal Week 5 road game against the Denver Broncos. Kickoff from Mile High Stadium will be at 4:05 PM ET on Sunday, October 9th.
More from FanSided
- Titans vs Texans Week 4: Highlights, score, and recap8m ago
- Butch Jones Shows Emotion During Tennessee’s Victory (Video)9m ago
- Kevin Durant throws down two-handed slam in preseason (Video)10m ago
- Oklahoma vs TCU: Highlights, score and recap10m ago
- Michigan’s offense lines up 11 deep into the I-formation34m ago