Panthers at Rams: Highlights, score and recap
The Los Angeles Rams will host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon. Here are all the highlights, the game recap, and the final score.
The Los Angeles Rams (3-4) will host the Carolina Panthers (2-5) on Sunday afternoon in Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum at 4:05 PM ET in Week 9. FOX will have the telecast.
The Panthers are coming off their second win of the season by throttling the Arizona Cardinals in Charlotte in Week 8. Carolina has slim hopes in the NFC Playoffs race. It doesn’t help that the Atlanta Falcons are already 6-3 in the NFC South race. The Panthers can’t afford to slip up the next few weeks to stay alive in the NFC.
Los Angeles had its bye week in Week 8 after a tough loss in London to the New York Giants. Since starting the year out 3-1, the Rams have dropped three straight and haven’t won a game in a month. The Rams offense is archaic and it’s only a matter of time before head coach Jeff Fisher has no choice but to start Jared Goff at quarterback over Case Keenum.
This could be a low-scoring affair in Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon. The Rams are a defense-first football team and Carolina’s offense is utterly useless if the Panthers can’t run the football effectively. This game will be won in the trenches. It should come down to the wire at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Sunday afternoon.
1. Cam Newton: Newton should expect to get hit by the ferocious defensive line of the Rams on Sunday. If he’s up for the challenge, he could have a big day for the Panthers. Look for Newton to complete 60 percent of his passes for 245 yards, two touchdowns, and 45 rushing yards.
2. Jonathan Stewart: The Panthers’ offense goes as Stewart goes. He’s not entirely healthy, but if he does play, look for him to have 85 rushing yards and a touchdown for Carolina.
3. Case Keenum: Keenum isn’t going to throw four interceptions this week. He’ll play better against an awful Panthers secondary. Look for Keenum to complete 61% of his passes for 225 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions.
*POSTED LIVE AS THEY HAPPEN*
The Panthers have a tough Week 10 opponent when they host the Kansas City Chiefs. Kickoff from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte on Sunday, November 13th will be at 1:00 PM ET. CBS will have the telecast.
The Rams will have to travel across country to play the New York Jets in Week 10. Kickoff from MetLife Stadium will be at 1:00 PM ET. FOX will have the telecast.
More from FanSided
- Packers expected to sign running back Joique Bell4m ago
- NFL Draft Stock Report: Pumphery the Forgotten Man in Heisman Race14m ago
- Ben Roethlisberger active, will start vs. Ravens15m ago
- Trail Blazers at Grizzlies live stream: How to watch online34m ago
- Broncos at Raiders: Highlights, score and recap34m ago