Oakland Raiders Promote Trey Scott to A.D. of Player Personnel
The Oakland Raiders have promoted Trey Scott, who was a Midwest Scout, to Assistant Director of Player Personnel.
The Oakland Raiders announced an internal promotion, bumping Midwest Scout Trey Scott to the role of Assistant Director of Player Personnel.
Scott will work directly under Joey Clinkscales, who is the team’s Director of Player Personnel. Clinkscales is well regarded in league circles, and could be in line for a GM job in the coming seasons. If that happens, the promotion of Scott means that he would then be in line to take Clinkscales’ place.
At just 28 years old, Scott has clearly made a name for himself with the team. He just completed his with season with the Raiders, and had previously worked for the Washington Redskins. Clinkscales brought Scott with him when he joined the team from Washington.
Individuals in roles such as Scott don’t get much recognition in the public, but they’re work throughout the season is tenuous, and the contributions of Scott and other scouts go a long way in helping Reggie McKenzie and the team create their draft board.
So congratulations to Trey Scott on the new promotion. Maybe he’ll be a GM someday.
More from Just Blog Baby
- Four Oakland Raiders Make PFWA’s 2016 All-AFC PFWA Team11h ago
- Oakland Raiders Top 10 Plays of the 2016 Season1 d ago
- The Most Surprising Player on the 2016 Oakland Raiders1 d ago
- Report: Oakland Raiders and Jack Del Rio To Talk Contract Extension1 d ago
- Re-Signing Mike Tice Should be the Top Priority for The Oakland Raiders2d ago