Miami Dolphins activate Chris Culliver from PuP list
The Miami Dolphins made a big move when they signed cornerback Chris Culliver this past off-season. The bold move was because Culliver had a while to go before he could get back on the field.
- NFL power rankings, Week 10: Cowboys surge, Packers fall FanSided
- Vikings in full-blown crisis mode after brutal loss FanSided
- New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins: Five Takeaways Empire Writes Back
- Jets at Dolphins Recap, Highlights, Final Score, More NFL Spin Zone
- Kenyan Drake Returns Kick for Game-Winning Touchdown (Video) NFL Spin Zone
- Dolphins Jordan Phillips Grabs Interception, Then Hurdles Defender (Video) NFL Spin Zone
Today the Dolphins have activated Culliver from the PuP list. Culliver sustained an ACL/MCL tear last November while with the Washington Redskins. He has been practicing with the team for two weeks but the Dolphins have been taking it slow with his recovery and return.
In order to make room for Culliver and practice squad player Lafayette Pitts whom the team signed to the 53 as well, the Dolphins released Chimdi Chekwa and defensive tackle Chris Jones.
Whether or not the Dolphins will have Culliver active for Sundays game in San Diego will be up to the coaches on game day. It’s still a good sign that he has recovered sufficiently from his injury to warrant the placement on the 53 man roster.
Culliver was drafted in the 3rd round of the 2011 draft by the San Francisco 49’ers and played three seasons at the bay starting 20 games in his last two seasons with the team. He joined the Redskins in 2015 and started all six of the games he appeared in before injuring his knee.
In 2014 Culliver registered four interceptions and 45 tackles and has 143 tackles and seven interceptions for his career. The Dolphins are hoping that he can pick up where he left off prior to his injury. Miami is still without Xavien Howard. The rookie has been injured for several weeks and is still a few weeks away from a possible return.