Los Angeles Rams’ Josh Forrest Reportedly has Torn ACL
Los Angeles Rams linebacker Josh Forrest may have suffered a torn ACL on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.
After a promising first season with the Los Angeles Rams, rookie linebacker Josh Forrest has reportedly suffered a torn ACL and will miss the remained of the 2016 campaign.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rappoport shared the details:
#Rams promising rookie LB Josh Forrest, a 2016 6th rounder, is feared to have torn his ACL, source said. MRI today.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 21, 2016
While it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet, things aren’t looking good for Forrest. He will have an MRI on Monday, as Rappoport reports.
It’s a disappointing loss for the Rams, a team that saw a ton of potential in the rookie linebacker.
Forrest has played in 10 games for the Rams this season and compiled nine combined tackles, one fumble recovered, one pass deflection and two stuffs.
Forrest was taken by the Rams in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft out of Kentucky and had two combined tackles in the loss to the Miami Dolphins in Week 11.
The rookie certainly wasn’t a vital player on the team’s defense, however his development was coming along nicely and now that will have to be put on hold.
The Rams as a whole this season rank in the top half of the league against both the run and pass, with the No. 6 pass defense to be exact.
More from Ramblin' Fan
- 2016 NFL Power Rankings Week 12: Rams Lose Jared Goff’s Debut11h ago
- Los Angeles Rams Let Strong Defensive Performance Go to Waste After Loss to Miami Dolphins15h ago
- Chargers, Rams Talking Deal to Move to Los Angeles23h ago
- 3 Questions For Los Angeles Rams Heading Into Week 11 Against Miami Dolphins23h ago
- Los Angeles Rams’ Troy Hill Arrested for DUI After Accident1 d ago