Jacksonville Jaguars Week 8 Power Rankings: Imploding in front of a nation
After their second consecutive embarrassing performance, the Jacksonville Jaguars have descended into unintentional comedy again.
If you were like me, you probably thought it couldn’t get much worse after the Jacksonville Jaguars had it handed to them at home against the Oakland Raiders two weeks ago. It was a humbling game, one that show the Jaguars were far behind their rebuilding counterpart in almost every regard.
Well I was wrong. The Jaguars hadn’t hit rock bottom quite yet. That happened last Thursday when the team went into Nashville and looked like the worst team in the NFL in a blowout loss to the Tennessee Titans. The pathetic showing prompted the NFL Network crew to say the team had quit at halftime and that Blake Bortles was no longer a viable quarterback.
Besides that, the season is going great!
- 11/1 – Jacksonville Jaguars Week 8 Power Rankings: Imploding in front of a nation
- 11/1 – Julius Thomas a trade piece?
- 11/1 – Jaguars Need To Adjust Offense To Blake Bortles’ Strength
- 10/30 – Jacksonville Jaguars’ Shad Khan sending a message by keeping Gus Bradley
- 10/30 – Jacksonville Jaguars: Greg Olson’s firing long overdue
Here’s a brief collection of some rankings around the web as the Jaguars look to bounce back this we-… HA! The Jaguars are going to get trounced this week in Kansas City:
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (last week: 29)The Jaguars have to seriously consider looking for a new quarterback in the offseason after watching Blake Bortles on Thursday night. His mechanics are completely out of whack – to the point where he’s bringing in his own quarterback coach to fix them – and he is still making rookie mistakes. He’s not their only problem, but he’s become a large one.
30 Will firing offensive coordinator Greg Olson do anything to get this team going? Gus Bradley has to know it’s over — barring a miracle
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
Please insert your Jags thought here:
Here’s mine: Garbage-time points are called garbage for a reason.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
2016 record: 2-5
Week 8 ranking: 29 | Week 1 ranking: 19
Entering the season, it seemed like things were on the up and up in Jacksonville. Guess not. The Jags have two wins, but by a combined score of four points. They’ve been outscored by 61 in their five losses.
Wow! These guys must be drunk or something. There are two teams worse than the Jaguars?
Kidding aside, I would absolutely expect the Jaguars to lose to the Browns and 49ers if they played this weekend, so I would have no problems ranking them down at 32. It’s completely warranted when you willingly employ the worst coach in the history of the NFL for this long.
More from Black and Teal
- Julius Thomas a trade piece?5h ago
- Jaguars Need To Adjust Offense To Blake Bortles’ Strength5h ago
- Jacksonville Jaguars’ Shad Khan sending a message by keeping Gus Bradley2d ago
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Greg Olson’s firing long overdue2d ago
- Blake Bortles must learn third new offense in three years2d ago