Jacksonville Jaguars Week 5 Power Rankings: Coasting on bye
With a week off to let other teams get ahead of them and look decent, the Jaguars are at the mercy of the power rankers around the web this week.
The Jacksonville Jaguars had some extra time to relish their first victory of the season against the Indianapolis Colts this past week, but their break is over. Sitting alone in last place of the AFC South, the Jaguars have to defeat the Chicago Bears this week on the road in order to have hope of competing in the division.
So while the Jaguars sat at home this week, two teams in the division (the Indianapolis Colts and the Tennessee Titans) moved ahead with wins. Consequently, it’s not shocking that the Jaguars didn’t exactly jump up most power rankings.
- 10/11 – Jacksonville Jaguars Week 5 Power Rankings: Coasting on bye
- 10/10 – Jacksonville Jaguars waive Dwayne Gratz to make room for Aaron Colvin
- 10/10 – Trade Deadline Approaching: Will Jacksonville Make a Move?
- 10/7 – Yannick Ngakoue joins some excellent company as a rookie
- 10/6 – Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue two of the top rookies in the NFL
Here’s a brief collection of some rankings around the web as the Jaguars return from their bye week and roll into week 6:
27. Jacksonville Jaguars (last week: 28)Jacksonville, unlike the Colts, received a bye following its trip to London. The Jaguars remain toward the bottom of the league at 1-3, though.
25 They come off their bye with a road game at Chicago and a division that’s wide open. When does the offense get it going?
24. Jacksonville Jaguars
The Jags got a bye fresh off the game in London, which is normal … Well, unless you’re the Colts. Taking the weekend off after playing overseas makes sense, even if a Week 5 bye is not ideal (too early). Wonderful that Jacksonville finally landed in the win column, and the bye gave Julius Thomas‘ elbow a chance to heal, but can we get Chris Ivory going? The prized free-agent acquisition has 20 carries for 43 yards. #getexcited
30. Jacksonville Jaguars
2016 record: 1-3
Week 5 ranking: 23
Gus Bradley survived the trip to London, but with a 13-39 career record in Jacksonville, his days always seem to be numbered. The Jags head to Chicago in Week 6, and a loss to the reeling Bears would keep the Jags in the AFC cellar.
Most of these rankings pin the Jaguars in the correct range, but it is worth noting the pure comedy that is the “logic” used by the ESPN power rankers. The Jaguars have a week off after a win and they drop SEVEN spots in the rankings. The Colts went up to 21 after an underwhelming win against the Bears, and the Titans moved up to 26 after defeating a hapless Dolphins squad.
Good thing these are meaningless.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars waive Dwayne Gratz to make room for Aaron Colvin18h ago
- Trade Deadline Approaching: Will Jacksonville Make a Move?20h ago
- Yannick Ngakoue joins some excellent company as a rookie3d ago
- Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue two of the top rookies in the NFL5d ago
- Marqise Lee is Having Best Start as Jaguar5d ago