Incognito still trying to reach out to Martin — via Twitter
Richie Incognito was back on Twitter over the weekend, still trying to apologize to/reconcile with his former Miami Dolphins teammate Jonathan Martin.
His initial tweet said: "Call me on my cell phone. Love you brother. S*** got crazy but we held it together. #CALLME #FAMILY." Followed by this one:
@j_martin71 No hard feelings. Let's just move on 🙂Article continues below ...
— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) March 24, 2014
You may recall — or maybe you’ve tried to forget — that Incognito allegedly harassed Martin so much that the offensive tackle left the team. An NFL report concluded that Incognito and two other Dolphins "engaged in a pattern of harassment" against Martin. Not surprisingly, Martin apparently didn’t respond to the tweets.
Earlier this month, Martin was traded to the San Francisco 49ers. Incognito is still looking for a team, with chatter connecting him as a possible member of the Oakland Raiders, whose owner, Mark Davis, told ESPN he would "have to think about" signing the controversial guard.
Meanwhile, Incognito also tweeted an apology to his car, which he apparently dented with swings of a baseball bat last month.
— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) March 23, 2014
No response yet from the car.