Flowers: I lost my cool and acted bizarrely with the media
In the following hours since New York Giants Ereck Flowers directed his frustration at one ESPN reporter last Sunday, the Giants offensive lineman apology.
In what seemed to be a player losing his cool and having a bizarre exchange in the locker room, Flowers took full responsibility.
Unlike in Seinfeld, this situation has not blown out of proportion into the aggrieved reporter demanding a “verbatim” “I-am-sorry” apology.
Historically, the Giants fall into a familiar trap of losing whenever they lose close games consecutively. In the 2014 and 2015 season, Big Blue were 6-10. This is most commonly due to the detrimental impact on the morale of the team and the natural reaction of fans in New Jersey and the tri-state area to vent on WFAN to their heart’s content.
The words of caution amidst desperation are powerful as expressed by head coach Ben McAdoo.
“It’s important for us all to have a professional relationship with the media, players and coaches.”
More from GMEN HQ
- McAdoo: We have to show better sportsmanship17m ago
- Flowers: The New York media is treating my Beckham27m ago
- New York Giants LT Ereck Flowers Struggles; Time For Will Beatty On The O-Line?1 d ago
- Beckham mistake highlights defiencies with Giants brass1 d ago
- Giants vs. Packers: The Madden 17 Simulator Says…1 d ago