Donovan’s 32: Will Cards hold onto top spot, NFC West without Palmer?
1. Cardinals — It’s Drew Emeric Stanton time! Facing Detroit’s defensive line will be a great measuring stick.
2. Patriots — Tom Brady has been tormenting Colts fans for years (8-3 career record). He’ll get another shot this weekend in their house.
3. Broncos — Bounced back from the New England loss with an easy win in Oakland. Should be more of the same this week in St. Louis.
4. Eagles — Mark Sanchez gets a win in his first start with Philly. Let’s see how things go this week on the road in Lambeau.
5. Colts — Great challenge for Andrew Luck with Tom Brady coming to town.
6. Lions — The league’s stingiest defense has been keeping them in games while the offense rounds into form.
7. Chiefs — Justin Houston for Defensive Player of the Year?
8. Ravens — Not always pretty, but still effective.
9. Cowboys — Should Tony Romo have played in London? Everyone in Dallas should be happy he has this week off.
10. Seahawks — Contender or pretender? Hard to get too excited with the NFL’s worst passing game.
11. Packers — When Aaron Rodgers plays like this he’s as good as it gets.
12. Browns — Need to get back to running the ball, and they’ll have a chance this week against Houston’s 21st-ranked rush defense.
13. 49ers — Finally decided to run the ball and turned it into a tough win in New Orleans.
14. Dolphins — Losing OT Branden Albert is going to hurt.
15. Steelers — How do you put up 12 TDs in two games and then lose to the Jets? Tough to know who they really are.
16. Chargers — Oakland with two weeks to prepare? I predict an end to their three-game losing skid.
17. Bills — Tough matchup Thursday night in Miami. Need to play better on D.
18. Vikings — Teddy Bridgewater could be in store for a breakout game against Chicago’s defense
19. Saints — How will they rebound after a tough overtime loss at home? Run Mark Ingram.
20. Bengals — Captain Obvious: Andy Dalton needs to play better.
21. Rams — Shaun Hill gets the start over Austin Davis, but will it make a difference?
22. Texans — Excited to see what Ryan Mallett can do.
23. Redskins — Big week for Robert Griffin III. Needs to look good at home against Tampa.
24. Panthers — Offensive line looks bad, and Cam Newton looks hurt.
25. Jets — Should Michael Vick have been the starter since Week 1?
26. Titans — Zach Mettenberger is taking his lumps, but the team is competitive.
27. Falcons — Is this it for Mike Smith?
28. Bears — Is this it for Marc Trestman?
29. Giants — Is this it for Tom Coughlin?
30. Jaguars — Is this it for Gus Bradley?
31. Raiders — Will they win a game this year?
32. Buccaneers — It’s always sunny in Tampa.