Broncos’ Aqib Talib shot after reported Dallas nightclub fight

Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib.

Mark J. Rebilas/Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Denver cornerback Aqib Talib is said to be "OK" after suffering a gunshot wound early Sunday, the Broncos confirm.  

“We are in communication with Aqib Talib, who remains at a Dallas hospital for observation as he recovers from a gunshot wound suffered to his lower right leg on Sunday," the team said in a statement. "He is expected to be released from the hospital soon, and we are glad he is OK and will make a full recovery. 

“Our organization has been in touch with the NFL on this matter, and we will provide additional updates as appropriate.”

WFAA first reported Talib was one of a couple people shot after a fight broke out at Dallas’ Vlive club early Sunday morning, and was subsequently transported to a local hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg. Both Talib and another gunshot victim were reported to have non-life-threatening wounds. 

The 30-year-old Talib, a graduate of Berkner High School in Richardson, Texas, has been known to spend his offseason in the state. Last year, Talib and his brother were allegedly involved in a disturbance at another Dallas-area nightclub. 

And in 2014, Dallas police apologized after they incorrectly reported that Talib was arrested for public intoxication. 

Three-time Pro Bowler Aqib Talib logged 45 tackles and three interceptions in 15 games last season for the Super Bowl champion Broncos.

It seems unlikely he will be with the Broncos when they visit the White House on Monday to meet President Barack Obama and celebrate their Super Bowl 50 win. 

It is also unclear whether or not Talib will be present at Denver’s mandatory three-day minicamp, which starts Tuesday.