Colts Re-Sign Darryl Morris; Place Frankie Williams on Non-Football Injury list
Morris initially signed with the Colts in early September after he was one of the New York Jets final 53-man roster cuts.
The 26 year old cornerback appeared in 6 games (1 start) with the Colts earlier this season, recording 16 tackles and a pass defensed.
However, the 5’10”, 188 pound cornerback was waived by the Colts in mid-October until he was re-signed to the team on Wednesday.
Originally signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2013, Morris has also spent time with the Houston Texans and New York Jets organizations.
The 4-year veteran has appeared in 42 career games (2 starts), recording 51 tackles, 8 passes defensed, and an interception.
The cornerback he’s effectively replacing, Williams, was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Purdue.
The 5’9″, 190 pound cornerback had previously spent time on both the Colts practice squad and active roster earlier this season–having spent the entire offseason with Indianapolis, appearing in 3 games and recording a tackle.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Indianapolis Colts in striking distance of AFC South title after Week 1122h ago
- Is the Lucas Oil Turf Partially to Blame for Andrew Luck’s Concussion?23h ago
- Colts Injury Report: Two Key Colts Concussed; Vontae Davis Held Out1 d ago
- Andrew Luck in Concussion Protocol; Colts Planning to Start Scott Tolzien1 d ago
- Colts Ranked as League’s Most Likely Playoff ‘Party Crasher’1 d ago