Colts Promote CB Frankie Williams; Waive TE Chase Coffman
With starting cornerback Vontae Davis currently in the league’s concussion protocol, the Colts are adding an additional player at a potentially otherwise short-handed position.
Right now, it appears as though Davis’ availability is cloudy at best with the Colts facing a potent Green Packers passing attack led by superstar quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
It’s not Williams’ first stint on the Colts active roster, as the undrafted rookie cornerback out of Purdue was previously promoted during Week 6 against the Houston Texans–only to then be released and re-signed to the team’s practice squad shortly thereafter.
The 5’9″, 190 pound cornerback was one of the standouts of preseason for the Colts, recording 15 tackles in 4 games–holding his own as a nickelback in coverage.
The Colts are presumably taking their chances that neither tight end will get hurt during Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers–always with the ability to turn to more 3-wide receiver sets instead in a pinch.
In the aftermath of Allen’s injury, Coffman was re-signed to the Colts roster before the team’s Week 7 game against the Tennessee Titans. He appeared in the team’s last two games, but recorded no stats.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Andrew Luck or Bust for the 2016 Indianapolis Colts5h ago
- Pat McAfee Chosen by Colts as Salute to Service Award Nominee6h ago
- Indianapolis Colts fall apart at home to Kansas City Chiefs, 30-142d ago
- Indianapolis Colts vs Kansas City Chiefs: What to Watch For3d ago
- Report: Colts Actively Seeking Offensive Line Upgrades Before Trade Deadline3d ago