Colts Inactives vs. Packers: Henry Anderson Won’t Play
The Indianapolis Colts announced on their inactives ahead of Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers:
Article continues below ...
17 Tevaun Smith
29 Mike Adams
43 Chris Carter
75 Jack Mewhort
76 Joe Reitz
90 Kendall Langford
96 Henry Anderson
— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) November 6, 2016
Obviously, most of the 7 players were already declared out earlier this weekend.
However, it’s interesting that Henry Anderson is one of this week’s inactives, as the 2nd-year defensive lineman was a full participant in practice on both Thursday and Friday.
I’m assuming the Colts just wanted to give him another week, given that he suffered a season-ending ACL tear on his other knee just last season. He’s missed consecutive games already with his latest knee injury, so it’s presumably the Colts being cautious.
Otherwise, rookie wide receiver Tevaun Smith is the only ‘healthy scratch’ of the group.
On the Packers’ side, starting wide receiver Randall Cobb (hamstring) will actually play today, while veteran pass rusher Clay Matthews (hamstring) will not–which should be a major break for the Colts offensive line in pass protection.
It’s worth noting that 2nd-year starting cornerback Quinten Rollins will also play for the Packers today, as he was also widely expected to be a gametime decision.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Dwayne Allen Expected to Play Against Packers6h ago
- Indianapolis Colts at Green Bay Packers: Week 9 Where to Watch6h ago
- Can This Colts Defense Actually Stop Aaron Rodgers?20h ago
- Report: Vontae Davis Clears League’s Concussion Protocol; Set to Play Sunday1 d ago
- Colts Injury Report: The Horseshoe Rules Out 5 Players Against Packers2d ago