BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EST:
– Most of the contenders are big favorites, but an upset can shake up the race even more than any marquee matchup. As TCU found out last week, even struggling against an underdog can be costly with the College Football Playoff selection committee.
– TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – No. 1 Florida State hosts Boston College in ACC action. The Seminoles are the last undefeated team from a Power 5 conference.
– TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – No. 2 Alabama, newly crowned atop the College Football Playoff rankings, plays FCS team Western Carolina.
– EUGENE, Ore. – The No. 3 Oregon Ducks, already headed to the Pac-12 Championship game, host Colorado in what could be Marcus Mariota’s last game at Autzen Stadium.
– STARKVILLE, Miss. – No. 4 Mississippi State hosts Vanderbilt in a Southeastern Conference game on Saturday. The Bulldogs are trying to have an undefeated season at Davis Wade Stadium for the first time since 1999.
– NAPLES, Fla. – Carlota Ciganda and Julieta Granada were tied for the lead in the CME Group Tour Championship. Michelle Wie was two shots behind, poised for a shot at the $1 million bonus.
– ALLEN PARK, Mich. – The Buffalo Bills are trying to make the best of a tough situation, practicing in the Detroit area after their game against the New York Jets was moved there because of a snow storm.
– MACAU- Manny Pacquiao faces Chris Algieri in a fight that could set up a possible Floyd Mayweather Jr. bout.
– LILLE, France – Switzerland captain Severin Luthi is likely to amend his doubles lineup to bring in Stan Wawrinka and Roger Federer for the doubles match against France in the Davis Cup final, with the teams tied at 1-1 after the opening singles