49ers Injury Report: DT Glenn Dorsey Likely to Play versus Panthers in Week 2
The San Francisco 49ers received some good news this week, as veteran defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey looks as if he’ll be able to play against the Carolina Panthers in Week 2.
The San Francisco 49ers are going to receive some defensive line reinforcements this week, as veteran defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey was upgraded from questionable to play to now having no designation, per the team’s website.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers Rule Offensive Lineman Anthony Davis (Concussion) Out for Week 2 versus Panthers23h ago
- 49ers vs. Panthers: Carolina Head Coach Ron Rivera Weighs In on Chip Kelly, Week 2 Matchup2d ago
- NFL Power Rankings: 49ers Surge Up After 28-0 Week 1 Win over the Rams4d ago
- Rams vs 49ers: Week 1 Grades and Analysis for San Francisco4d ago
- Rams vs. 49ers: Week 1 Live Score, Analysis and In-Game Thread for San Francisco4d ago
David Fucillo of Niners Nation broke down what the lack of any designation means, but the basic indication is Dorsey will be fully available for the contest.
San Francisco’s website also listed Dorsey as a full practice participant on Friday.
The 31-year-old Dorsey appeared in 10 games for the 49ers last season before tearing his ACL against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 11.
Prior to that, he had recorded 16 tackles and two assists. But he received a minus-5.3 overall grade, according to Pro Football Focus (subscription required).
We’re hoping we get him out here this week,” head coach Chip Kelly said earlier this week, via Taylor Price of 49ers.com. “He’ll be practicing today.”
San Francisco still has some injury concerns along the defensive line. Second-year defensive end Arik Armstead (shoulder) was a full practice participant Friday. And fellow DT Quinton Dial (knee) also practiced fully.
Should any one of those injuries reoccur, Dorsey at least provides some insurance and rotational options for San Francisco.
More from Niner Noise
- 49ers vs. Panthers: 5 Matchups to Watch for San Francisco21m ago
- 49ers Must Avoid 2015 Mistakes After Another Week 1 Blowout3h ago
- San Francisco 49ers: DEs DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead Already Highlighting Niners Defense4h ago
- 49ers vs. Panthers: Previewing Week 2 for San Francisco8h ago
- 49ers Lacking Playmakers at Wide Receiver20h ago
The Niners face a tough challenge as they take on the Carolina Panthers in a Week 2 road contest.
Creating pressure up front, negating the dynamic Panthers rushing attack and getting to quarterback Cam Newton will be integral pieces for a San Francisco upset.
At least the Niners now have one more piece with which to work on defense.