Well, let’s look no further than the Las Vegas Hilton, which released its projected win totals for all 32 NFL teams on Sunday. And starting from the top, it should be no surprise that the two teams that played in Super Bowl XLVIII — Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos — lead the 2014 list with 11 projected wins each.
Article continues below ...
The San Francisco 49ers and the New England Patriots both check in right after the top two, tied with 10.5 wins each.
Some other highlights:
1. The Carolina Panthers had an amazing stretch of success to close out the 2013 regular season and won the NFC South. However, their offseason losses at receivers evidently made Vegas a little bit wary. Cam Newton and Co. are projected to win eight, a game-and-a-half behind the Saints.
2. The Kansas City Chiefs had a great run under new coach Andy Reid, finishing 11-5 with a playoff berth. Should we expect a repeat performance? Vegas says no dice, projecting the Chiefs for just eight wins.
3. The Dallas Cowboys have gone 8-8 the past three consecutive seasons. The Hilton says the Big D will once again be Big meDiocrity with eight wins.
4. The Houston Texans nabbed Jadeveon Clowney with the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft, and that’s all well and good. But they’re still projected to win just 7.5 games.
5. By the way, do you think there’s parity in the NFL? Well, 18 teams are projected to win between seven and nine games in 2014. So there’s that.