We here at Laces Out can’t stand being unprepared, so we put together a little somethin’ somethin’ for you to get ready for all the draft action.
Few things you should know:
Article continues below ...
1. The first round of the NFL Draft is in primetime at New York’s Radio City Music Hall. The fun begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday night. Each team will have 10 minutes to make a pick on the first day. On Day 2, the draft starts again with the second round at 6:30 p.m. ET. Each team will have seven minutes to make a pick. The draft will bleed into Saturday as the last four rounds of the draft will get done, starting at Noon ET.
2. The Chiefs have the first pick in the draft because they finished with a 2-14 record.
1. Manti Te’o: For four seasons Te’o was a nasty linebacker who played with a reckless abandon at Notre Dame. Following an underwhelming BCS Championship Game performance, Te’o got caught up in a mess involving a fake girlfriend. You’ve heard the story. Where will he end up on draft day?
2. Tyrann Mathieu: The Honey Badger smoked his competition on the field, but got busted in Baton Rouge for smoking cannabis off of it. Mathieu was given the boot, took a year off and is now looking to make the leap into the next level.
3. Luke Joeckel: He watched Johnny Football’s back at Texas A&M and was a ferocious competitor. Will the Chiefs pull the trigger and take him with the No. 1 pick?
4. Matt Barkley: The former USC QB was the early favorite to be the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s draft until a disappointing senior season. Who will take a chance on the accomplished passer?
5. Eddie Lacy: Will Lacy be the first running back off the board? Or will a running back not even be taken in the first round?
** FOXSports.com has several sources for NFL Draft information.
1. Brian Billick breaks down every team with his Draft Needs series, separated by division: