NBA rumors: Latest news on injuries, contracts, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
James Harden continued his strong play this year, posting a triple-double in the Houston Rockets' 126-109 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. Harden had 26 points, 14 assists and 12 rebounds.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• J.J. Barea will miss six weeks with a left leg injury, per ESPN. The Dallas Mavericks guard suffered a tear in a muscle that connects the calf to the Achilles.
• In part to help replace Barea, the Mavericks will sign guard Jonathan Gibson. The Vertical's Shams Charania reports the team will waive forward Quincy Acy to make space on the roster.
• The Washington Wizards might have Ian Mahinmi soon. Head coach Scott Brooks told CSN there's a “good chance” Mahinmi returns to practice next week. Mahinmi had knee surgery on October 15th that was expected to keep him out 4–6 weeks.
• The Chicago Bulls are about to embark on a six-game road trip and they might not have Doug McDermott. ESPN reports he will miss both games in Los Angeles and there is a chance he misses all six with a concussion.
• New York Knicks forward Lance Thomas has a bone bruise in his ankle, reports the New York Post. He is out indefinitely.
• Festus Ezeli is getting a second opinion on his knee, reports The Oregonian. Ezeli has not played for the Portland Trail Blazers, who signed him this offseason, because of August knee surgery.
• Sebastian Telfair is heading to China. Basketball Insider's David Pick reports Telfair has agreed to a one-month deal.