Now that we're a few weeks into the NBA season, injuries are starting to pile up for several teams. The top teams in the league are also starting to separate themselves from the pack. The Cleveland Cavaliers secured first place in the Eastern Conference with a 121-117 win over the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday, while the Atlanta Hawks won their fifth straight game with a 93-90 victory over the Miami Heat.
Article continues below ...
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Houston Rockets have not had any negotiations or made any changes to their standing offer to forward Donatas Motiejunas, reports Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. Motiejunas is still an unsigned free agent has he has not accepted the team's contract offer, which is worth $7 million in the first season.
• Hawks center Dwight Howard is questionable to play on Wednesday against the Milwaukee Bucks with a thigh bruise, reports Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
• Heat forward Justise Winslow is out indefinitely with a wrist injury, reports ESPN.
• Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio ripped the team following their 115-108 loss to the Charlotte Hornets on Tuesday, saying the team is “not learning,” reports Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press.
• The Denver Nuggets have signed forward Alonzo Gee, reports Chris Dempsey of the Denver Post.