New Orleans Pelicans Grades: Pelicans Bullied in Loss to Kings
The New Orleans Pelicans could not find their first win of season, as they got bullied by the Sacramento Kings all night.
The New Orleans Pelicans could not fight through an overpowering Sacramento Kings team, as they lost their eighth game in a row to start the season.
Positives are becoming harder to find for a team that can not win a game in the first month of the season. This ties the worst start in franchise history with the 2004-2005 New Orleans Hornets team.
Throughout the game, New Orleans looked bullied inside and out. DeMarcus Cousins got his position in the paint and took full advantage. While Omer Asik has displayed a strong start to the season, tonight became a battle he could not win.
Anthony Davis did all he could once again, with 34 points, eight rebounds and four blocks. However, his supporting cast shot 24-62 from the field to score 60 points in the entire game.
Sacramento held the lead for the entire game. New Orleans kept striking closer and closer, yet could never make up the deficit. It’s a telling sign for two teams that were suppose to be very evenly matched.
At the end of the day, the Pelicans were outplayed by a young, rising Kings team.
- The New Orleans Pelicans are now 0-8. The only other team in the NBA without a win is the Philadelphia 76ers. Looking into the team any deeper than that is difficult. Until they are able to show they can win an NBA game, it’s tough to see this team ready to do much of anything but develop. The hope is development will come soon and be the future of this team.
The pursuit of win number one continues Thursday night in Milwaukee against the Bucks. Tip is scheduled for 7:00 PM CST.
More from Pelican Debrief
- Game Preview: New Orleans Pelicans Preview Versus Sacramento Kings14h ago
- Player Grades: New Orleans Pelicans lose to the Warriors by the bay16h ago
- Game Preview: New Orleans Pelicans head West to take on the Golden State Warriors1 d ago
- Archie Goodwin comes to the New Orleans Pelicans with untapped potential1 d ago
- New Orleans Pelicans Player of the Week: Omer Asik2d ago