Miami Heat’s Dion Waiters out at least 2 weeks with groin injury
After missing one game already, Dion Waiters will miss at least the next eight games for the Miami Heat with a Pectineus tear.
A day after announcing that Dion Waiters will remain in South Florida for the Miami Heat’s upcoming three-game road trip, the team announced that the shooting guard will miss at least two weeks with a Pectineus tear (which is something in/near/around the groin).
In his absence against the Boston Celtics, the Heat started Rodney McGruder while they brought Josh Richardson off the bench. Richardson was filling in as the sixth man withTyler Johnson being injured as well. It’s unclear if Richardson will re-join the starting unit when Johnson returns.
Waiters is third on the Heat averaging 14.2 points per game and is one of the primary ball handlers and shot creators on the team.
The Heat will play the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday before also playing the Utah Jazz and Portland Trail Blazers this week.
More from All U Can Heat
- An early look at the Miami Heat’s NBA draft needs and targets8h ago
- Should the Miami Heat tank the season?9h ago
- Injuries sideline Justise Winslow, Dion Waiters for Miami Heat road trip1 d ago
- Heat show improved chemistry between Dragic and Whiteside in loss to Celtics1 d ago
- Shorthanded Miami Heat fall to Celtics 112-1041 d ago