Magic Wands: Orlando Magic vs. Dallas Mavericks
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 7.5
Tickets: $15-$314 on SeatGeek
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando; Feb. 11 in Dallas
|Pace||Off. Rtg.||Def. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TO%||FTR|
2) The Dallas Mavericks’ loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday reminded Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News of the team’s dark days and has him suggesting it is time to focus on the Lottery. Yuck. The offense hit rock bottom, Isaac Harris of The Smoking Cuban writes. It was the second fewest points scored in Mavericks history.
3) At long last, the Orlando Magic’s defense is becoming a habit.
4) Shooting — yes, that is simple — will be key to the Orlando Magic revitalizing their offense.
5) Despite the team’s early struggles, Mark Cuban tells Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News he has been impressed and happy with Harrison Barnes’ play so far.
6) On the latest episode of the Orlando Magic Daily Podcast, I chat with Keith Smith of RealGM and FanRag Sports about the Magic’s season so far and where the team may head from here.
7) The injury-depleted Dallas Mavericks travel to Orlando after a disheartening home loss last night and a late-night trip to Florida, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
8) The Orlando Magic got their own good injury news this week as Jodie Meeks returned to contact practice Friday.
9) Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News wonders if the Dallas Mavericks will start Chinese league star Jonathan Gibson after a strong first game Friday. Gibson was signed earlier this week at Quincy Acy’s expense.
10) The Dallas Mavericks have hit rock bottom and will need some work to pull off a win tonight, Isaac Harris of The Smoking Cuban writes.
More from Orlando Magic Daily
- Orlando Magic Daily Podcast Episode 60: The sky is not falling with Keith Smith of RealGM41m ago
- Orlando Magic’s defense becoming habit4h ago
- Jodie Meeks returns to Orlando Magic practice20h ago
- Shooting is the key to ending Orlando Magic’s offensive woes21h ago
- Orlando Magic still sorting out best lineups1 d ago