Houston Rockets Video Diary: D’Antoni and Gordon
Following the Houston Rockets shoot around on October 3rd, Mike D’Antoni and Eric Gordon spoke to the media.
Continuing the trend of using creative analogies Houston Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni offered little insight.
Mike D’Antoni Comments:
- Mike D’Antoni spoke to the Houston Rockets needing to clean up defensively and a few things offensively.
- Asked to comment more specifically on the defense the coach said he likes the teams spirit, they are structurally good, communication is good and they are spreading the floor well.
- Like most teams at this stage in the preseason D’Antoni said the Rockets were excited to play another team.
- Additionally, D’Antoni said the Rockets were eager to test their game versus an NBA opponent.
- China trip offers a second training camp in essence without distractions.
Seriously, I’m wondering if D’Antoni is ever going to offer a sound bite that hasn’t been eaten up, chewed and spit out 100 times prior.
Eric Gordon Comments:
- Gordon feels they are building good cohesiveness and is happy with the Rockets direction.
- Asked if they are ahead of where he thought they would be when he changed teams Gordon isn’t surprised by the chemistry.
- Eric cites time spent over the 2 months prior to training camp as helping to expedite the process.
- But still feels they can improve via more time spent together.
- Gordon says the chemistry is much better in Houston and also feels the fact both he and Anderson are healthier has helped.
More from Space City Scoop
- Houston Rockets Video Diary: James Harden and KJ McDaniels post game 02.10.1651m ago
- Houston Rockets Video Diary: Mike D’Antoni, 9.30.16 Post Practice7h ago
- Houston Rockets Video Diary: James Harden post practice, 9.30.168h ago
- Houston Rockets Video Diary: Trevor Ariza post Practice, 9.30.168h ago
- Houston Rockets Video Diary – Practice: Mike D’Antoni, 9.28.169h ago
On China Trip:
Notes he’s been there a couple times both for pleasure as well as in his rookie season. Gordon was surprised by how enthusiastic the fans of China are saying some are even more excited than North American fans.
Lessons learned in win vs. Sharks:
Asked if there was any major take away or lessons learned from game vs Sharks:
- Gordon noted he likes how the team is using each others strengths
- He further elaborated like McDaniels athleticism or Harden finding open players to take threes.
Want your voice heard? Join the Space City Scoop team!
SCS video diary series offers insight from Training Camp. The series allows you to become more familiar with the Rockets new coaching staff and players.