Death of Sterling’s son accidental

Coroner’s investigators say the death of Los Angeles Clippers

owner Donald Sterling’s son was a drug-related accident.

Los Angeles County Coroner’s officials said in a statement

Monday that Scott Ashley Sterling died from a pulmonary embolism

after injecting narcotic medication meant to be taken orally.

The report did not say with certainty what drug Scott Sterling

injected, but said the painkiller oxycodone was found in his

system.

It also listed diabetes as a significant condition in his

death.

The body of the 32-year-old Sterling was found in his beachfront

apartment in Malibu on New Year’s Day. The Sheriff’s Department

said at the time his death was likely from a drug overdose, and an

autopsy was performed Jan. 3.

The coroner expects to release a final report within two

weeks.