Chris Bosh: Heat are ‘as good as anybody in the league’

They got next: Miami Heat stars Dwyane Wade (left) and Chris Bosh. 

Steve Mitchell/Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

Every time he gets near a microphone lately, Miami Heat star Chris Bosh can’t help but praise his team’s efforts this offseason and getting the Heat back to title contention.

Bosh was in Las Vegas on Tuesday to take in the Heat’s summer league contest against the Boston Celtics, and the 10-time NBA All-Star joined the assembled media at halftime to talk about his health and the Heat.

On his conditioning, Bosh said he feels like he’s back to being healthy, other than a little soreness and the fact that his lung capacity is only at 90 percent of where it needs to be. But the other 10 percent will come, he said.

As for Miami’s case as a contender, Bosh was clear: "As far as collective punch, I think we’re as good as anybody in the league." He added, "I feel we have a chance. That’s all you can [ask]. We just need a chance to be in the conversation. Now it’s on us to exceed those expectations."

As for the Dwyane Wade’s return to the Heat, Bosh said he was never really concerned and that he knew the two sides would work something out. Amar’e Stoudemire and Gerald Green’s additions have made Bosh even "more excited" for the upcoming season.

(h/t Miami Herald)