Cavs-Warriors Christmas showdown highlights 2016-17 NBA schedule
The Golden State Warriors will unleash Kevin Durant on the Cleveland Cavaliers on Christmas Day in a nationally televised rematch of the past two NBA Finals.
The Christmas slate will include the Chicago Bulls at San Antonio Spurs, also on ABC, and three ESPN games: the Boston Celtics at New York Knicks, Minnesota Timberwolves at Oklahoma City Thunder and LA Clippers at Lakers. (More on those games here.)
The Cavs will play at Oakland on Jan. 16 on TNT.
Opening night for both teams is Tuesday, Oct. 25, with the Cavs hosting the Knicks and the Warriors hosting the Spurs, both on TNT.
Other highlights from Thursday’s full schedule release:
● Durant will return to OKC in a Feb. 11 game on ABC; the teams play in Oakland on Nov. 3 on TNT and Jan. 18 on ESPN, and again in OKC on March 20 on TNT.
● Dwyane Wade will return to Miami with the Bulls on Nov. 10 on TNT. Those two teams will play in Chicago on Dec. 10 on NBA TV and Jan. 27 on ESPN.
● Derrick Rose will return to Chicago with the Knicks on Nov. 4 on TNT.
● LeBron James will host his buddy Wade and the Chicago Bulls on Jan. 4 on ESPN and Feb. 25 on ABC.
● The Warriors face that other "super team," the Knicks, Dec. 15 on TNT and March 5 on ABC.