No Love Lost: Harvick Calls Out RCR & Dillon Brothers In Fresh Feud

MARTINSVILLE, VA – OCT. 26: Crew members for Ty Dillon, driver of the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet, surround Kevin Harvick, driver of the No. 14 Anderson’s Maple Syrup/Kroger Chevrolet, on pit road after an incident during the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Kroger 200 at Martinsville Speedway on Oct. 26, 2013 in Martinsville, Va.

When Kevin Harvick announced he would be leaving Richard Childress Racing at the end of the 2013 season, the team vowed to remain focused on winning races and contending for the championship. 

Throughout the season, both Harvick and RCR have been able to do just that. They have won three races and are currently third in the Chase heading into Sunday’s race at Martinsville Speedway. 

The good times and good feelings may have come to an abrupt end during Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, however. 

Harvick was battling hard with Ty Dillon for the second spot in the closing laps, when the pair got together, ending their chances at victory. The spin was just the beginning, however, as Harvick and Dillon went after each other on the track, Dillon’s crew went after Harvick on pit road, and the pair exchanged pointed words in the garage. 

As if that was not enough, one of the RCR crew members threw a sledgehammer at Harvick’s truck.

"The (No.) 3 just dumped me," Harvick said. "(That’s) exactly reason I’m leaving RCR, because you’ve got those kids coming up that have got no respect for what they do in this sport and they’ve had everything fed to them with a spoon…It’s just a shame you have to get taken out by some rich kid like that."

Dillon called the incident "just hard racing" and was more upset with Harvick’s actions after the initial wreck, as well as his decision to leave the track without speaking to him face to face. 

While Harvick was not in a RCR truck for Saturday’s race (he was driving for team owner Joe Denette), there’s little doubt this incident will make Harvick’s final four weeks at RCR much more tumultuous. 

As would be expected, the incident set the NASCAR Twittersphere afire.